Thursday 13 October 2011

Brainstorming for my Contextual Review.

I have been asked to brainstorm three main ideas for my contextual review. After analysing the reasons why I am interested in Theodore Garman and his work, I narrowed it down to the most inspirational to me.
1) Mental Health-It is apparant that Theodore had mental health issues throughout his life. I find this interesting because the idea of his thought process, his undeniable talent and use of bold colours in his work and his early death.
2) Relationships-In order to dig deeper into his personal life, I will look further into his background and his relationships with family and friends. This will portray his attitudes towards certain people and how he acts as a person. I have photographed and collected many sample of his letters to close ones in his life. This suggests his intelligent use of words.
3) Words-Due to the letters to his family and friends and the written work I have discovered in The New Art Gallery Walsall and its archive, I have chosen to focus on Theodore's use of words. This conveys his illness, intelligence, feelings and ideas. On a whole it sums up Theodore and the way that he thinks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charmaine,
    three intersting topics, it may be hard to choose between them!
    Best,
    Alke

    ReplyDelete