Tuesday 22 November 2011

First piece of text.

This day was a good day, wasn’t it. Can you remember losing your shoe in the mud? I always tell you to get a smaller size. The same thing happens every year at Download.I really enjoy our outings, especially this one. It’s sad that we are too far away to go weekly now. Watching the sunset, reminiscing memories and singing Bloodhound Gang with you, is what I most enjoyed from this day. From when we first met you always told me that the sky is endless.I believe you; it is. Sneaking out after closing hours was fun aswell.

 
I’ll never forget the guitar cloud you made up. Honestly, it really didn’t look like a guitar, but I didn’t want to break it to you. I still have a mark on my back, from where you made me climb over the fence. I don’t think it will ever go. Another scar, another story. We need more days like this.



This is my first attempt at text within my practice. It is influenced by a photograph I took of a sunset, whilst at Bradgate Park with my best friend. It is almost a letter to my friend expressing how much I enjoyed the day, however it wont actually be sent to him. I have changed the font and size of each word, as I wanted to portray a busy effect which is influenced by the work of Theodore Garman. The lack of pattern and repetition is due to the mind and well being of Theo, as he suffered from Schizophrenia. It's also influenced by looking at his inscriptions and statements. The reason why I have the last line in red, is to portray contrast as shown in the film 'Schindler's List.' I want to enlarge this and have it as a piece on it's own, a component within the photograph it was inspired by and maybe embedded in a textbook of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment