Wednesday 30 November 2011

Research, research, research...

ARGH!! I am well and truly screwed! Theodore Garman, why is it so difficult to find out information about you, that is relevant to my contextual review!? It baffles me that there aren't books after books available on Theodore and his relationships, mental health, etc. Everyday I get closer to this deadline and still can't find as much information as I'd like.
Although I'm stressed to f**k about this, I have found such an interesting writer, Chris Ray, whom suffers from Schizophrenia. He creates poetry, which is documented on a blog, about anything and everything he has an opinion on and wants to express it. I have really enjoyed reading his poetry as he's extremely descriptive, the poems are based on reality, his hallucination and are very intelligent. My favourite poem of Ray's is:

  
It's Your Life
Can you feel the sun?
Can you smell the rain?
Are you in love?
Or are you in pain?

Wherever you are,
whoever you may be,
what you have,
and that you do without,

is part of your life.
You are the one,
the main, the power and force,
of your own life,

and the only one who can change it.
So walk in the sun,
taste the falling rain,
enjoy yourself in love,
and try not to feel the pain...


Another one of my favourites contrasts with his romantic words in the previous poem and portrays a sense of dislike towards a cartoon character. This is comical to a certain extent as Bugs Bunny appears to affect him more than the character would anyone else.


Bugs Bunny is a Fag

Bugs Bunny is a fag,

he's always kissing Elmer,

he thinks he's such a swelmer,

Bugs Bunny is a faaag.... Rabbit!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment